While reflecting back on 2012, I can honestly say it was the first year I have ever wished it a year away. Sure it had a lot of great things but it was also filled with many losses that I would have rather not have happened. By wishing it away I figured that if it passed quickly, the next one would be wonderful. It’s still my hopes.
Last spring found us losing some wonderful family members. We lost two wonderful nieces, too young and too soon. One to cancer and the other to suicide. Both terribly unfortunate and heartbreaking. Then we lost our aunt and uncle- they were always so kind and wonderful to us. They are all missed terribly…Shayna, Jess, Aunt Merla and Uncle Earl.
Then we lost Mollie Lou Melon, a dear dog that was part of our family for over 15 years. She is missed just as much.
Those were the heart crushers and tear gushers. Life is complicated that way. But even when I was thinking about 2012, I found that the most beautiful highlights of the year are those things that live in each of us and the fact that life is such that even when your heart breaks, there are things and people that happen that can make you feel happy, excited and enchanted by tomorrow and what it has to bring.
I choose to be enchanted!
Some of the highlights in my 2012:
1) My baby girl and my son in law celebrated their 1st year anniversary. They both got new jobs (that they love), moved and continue in a blissful journey together.
2) My Bubs, went on his own journey, leaving his band and going out on his own. A very difficult decision but he is doing AMAZING and I am so excited for his future because he is doing great things!
3) My sweet man and I celebrated our 31st anniversary and I can honestly say, I love him more each and everyday. He is the best part of me-and makes me want to be better—really!
4) I still have two wonderful women in my life–my momma and my mother-in-law. I wish that time allowed for me to be around them more, but they are such great examples of mothers to me and I respect them for that.
5) I got to travel, work, rest and enjoy good health and for that I am so very thankful!
6) I enjoyed lots of time with beautiful friends that are there for me no matter what. That call, stay in touch and enrich my life just because they care. The good Lord has sure put wonderful people in my life that define me. I am eternally thankful for the old, the new and the yet-to-be friends that find their place in my heart. For my life is all the better because of them.
I love my family more than anything and I love my dear Lord and Savior. I also know that I need to be obedient, faithful and prayerful and I will be so. For I know that the blessings in my life are not without purpose. So with this anticipation, my mantra for 2013 will be “enchantment”. I pray for a great tomorrow and an enchanted New Year for all my family, friends and me.
May yours be filled with…