It’s that time again! Sheesh! Where does the time go? No longer have I done my “weekend haps” when it’s time to do it all again!
Summertime is surely present in Texas. But I can’t complain because we’ve actually had milder weather. I’m not at all fond of heat and it’s been a constant struggle all my life, especially living in Texas. My husband laughs at me all the time because I tell him “best invention EVER…air conditioning!” No joke! My son thinks I’m insane cause I tell him if I could hibernate, (in a cave w/65 or colder temps) during summer months, I totally would. Again, no joke!
I mean, I skipped out on summer camps for a very long time with my family when my kids were young, because I didn’t want to be in the insane heat & especially not OUTDOORS. Sometimes I feel bad about it, but then I get over it! LOL
I must share, that while I spent most of the weekend outdoors, I did experience a slight heat stroke on Saturday. I could hear my husband humming the “green acres theme song” (inside joke), I forgave him as he did everything to help me cool off!
How do I keep C O O L in this God forsaken hot spot? Most of the time it involves water! And I love water just as much as a/c. Well…no! Clarification…A/C definitely trumps the water!!!
Along with having friends over, here’s a summary of our weekend. Worked on some projects that I will share later this week and spent the entire weekend with the Mr. (rare occasion but wonderful)! The rest of the story…
- Organized and drew up a “redesign” of what the pantry & laundry room will eventually look like
- Date night with the Mr. & we got to see Transformers—excellent! I loved it & you must go!
- Lunched at Matt’s El Rancho (Austin)…him: enchiladas/me: brisket tacos. Btw, they have great Mexican food!
- Pedernales Falls—1st time to visit and it was beautiful! It was either this or a gun show and I most definitely would not do @ a gun show. Actually I don’t do state parks either but it was more entertaining than the latter. (Ugh, hiking–don’t get it, don’t like it!) Who really does? Really?
- Drove through the scenic hill country. Including Boerne, the Devil’s backbone & Canyon Lake
- Lunched in Medina, Texas (Apple Store), we love their hamburgers! Picked up some coffee and apple turnovers for the kids.
- Headed to Bandera, Texas to spend the afternoon with some of our best (& dearest) friends. They were the recipients of an award and we wanted to be there to show our support.
Medina… the Apple Store (if you’ve never been–GO!) Seriously… I have gone to this place so many times over the past 20 some years and this was the 1st time I’ve EVER noticed this…
But if you go, this is what you’ll find and what you’ve been missing out on!
It’s only the “cowboy capitol”… so, why wouldn’t you see horses waitin’ for their riders at the Chikin Coop?
Our beautiful friends—L & R after accepting their service award for many years served at the Camp Sionito campgrounds and youth camps. Love ’em both for their BIG hearts and kind spirit!
Had a fabulous weekend with the lovie! (See the heat stroked idiot while the hubby is a rockin’ hottie?)
Back to reality. I hope each of you had a wonderful weekend. Stay tuned this week for some AWEsome stuff~