“Even cowgirls get the blues sometimes; bound and don’t know what to do sometimes” those are lyrics to an Emmy Lou Harris song. Then there’s…”everybody has the blues” by my man Merle Haggard! And then there’s…you get the picture.
And sometimes, just sometimes, I get the blues. They come out of nowhere and seem to just put you in the doldrums for a spell AND, I honestly hate that! I hate it because…well, I like being happy. But WE ALL get the stinkin’ blues!
My motto : “life is what you make it” is my life’s mantra. It has helped put in my place more times than I wish to count or share.
Recently we made a big move, (the second one) in 3 years. Before that, we had been there for 28 years. We’ve left many good friends behind, (in both places), luckily we stay in touch but it’s not the same as having them in the same town and seeing their faces. Sometimes change is hard. Going to the grocery store and not knowing someone can be a good or a bad thing. I’m a people person–so for me, it would be a “good”. I love being around people!
And although some of us don’t like to admit to sadness, the blues, or whatever you might call ’em…we ALL get ’em. It’s human nature and we CAN move past ’em! We can! It’s a choice.
I’m no expert but I do know what helps ME and MORE than NOT, these help me.
My easy fixes to get out of those blues~
- Pandora 101…Sam Cooke (he always puts me in a good mood)
- Followed by dancing AND singing along (yep I do! and I don’t care if people are around or not)
- Get out of the house and go do something fun (in other words gettin’ the stink blown off ya ALWAYS helps)!!!
My more direct fix to get out of those blues~
- Call a family member or a friend and chat it up (they care and they want to know) (this is BIG)
- Do something wonderful for SOMEONE ELSE! (also a biggie)
- Think of OTHERS (another biggie)
- PRAY and ASK for prayers (Huge)
- Music heals the soul and spirit & dancing just makes it better. (Everybody wants to ChaChaCha)!
- Getting out and getting some fresh air, a different view, and being around others helps
- People need others to talk to and get different perspectives but having someone LISTEN is even better. Why are we always so apprehensive to reach out?
- Doing something for someone else is so underrated! You know that wonderful feeling you get when you do for others? That is healing at it’s best my friends! Do it often. Do it from the heart!
- It goes without saying that thinking of others that are less fortunate is humbling and unfortunately there are those in far worst dire situations than YOU/WE are. So be thankful, grateful, and mindful!
- Have faith, get faith if you don’t have it. GOD is great! HE wants his children to be happy. TRUST in that. TRUST IN HIM!
Just as “life is what you make it”, “happiness IS a choice”. Bottom line…YOU are the one who has to make the move, YOU are responsible for YOU.
My personal fix for the doldrums + it’s FRIDAY for cryin’ out loud! Who doesn’t love Friday’s?
Make it a great day or not…the choice is YOUrs~