Antiquing a mantle…
I finally got around to antiquing a mantle. Something I had always wanted to do but no more than the one in this house. I wasn’t crazy about the existing one and Dan wants to eventually replace this one with a walnut wood piece, but in the meantime I could’nt stand looking at it and how plain it was. But that color against the red brick was just too much for me!!!
So here we go…another quick project!
These are the things I used:
- Valspar Interior Satin in Divine Cream
- FolkArt Crackle Medium #695
- Minwax Gel Stain in Ebony & Walnut
- Minwax Polyurethane Finish
I’m a whole lot happier with this look and I will sleep better tonight. Antiquing a mantle doesn’t have to be difficult and it will give your living space a beautiful new look!
LOVE this and the antique look. The procedure looks simple enough even for a beginner like me. Think I will give it a shot! Thank you for posting.Brenda L.
Fantastic blog, many thanks for the post