We’re gonna talk authentic-legit taco soup. And you might be thinking it’s getting too warm for taco soup but let me tell you…you will make it often, no matter the time of year. This is my authentic taco soup and you will be volunteering to take it to Potluck’s, serving it when you have company over for dinner, or when you just need a delicious meal. You’ll be craving it and the fam will request it often.
It is so gooooooood and filling and addictive! Cheesy, yes! Beefy good, yes!
This Latina has experimented with many taco soups in the past but I finally found the combination that I love and my family enjoyed as well. The combination of ingredients will give you the best tasting and filling soup. What’s not to love about chunky ground meat, corn, beans, cheese, and spices?
As a Latina, I naturally love spices like cominos (cumin), ajo (garlic), cilantro and spicy. Some of you might not be familiar with Goya Sazon spices so let me tell you about a bit of authentic bang to your Latin dishes! I know I ask for your trust a lot when posting some of my recipes because I believe in my dishes and am serious about food (lol) but if you want Mexican tasting goodness, get you some of this magic. (See below for purchasing info) This stuff will change your dishes in a very good way.
Another thing I love about it is that you can throw all the ingredients in a crockpot and forget about it. That’s right—crockpot ease and goodness. You’ll come home to a deliciously smelling and tasting meal. You just fill up the bowl, sprinkle your favorite toppings and YUM!!! Unbutton your britches and get you a second helping. Mmm huh
authentic Taco Soup
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans, don't drain
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15.25 oz. can sweet corn, drained
- 1 10 oz. can green chiles (chopped)
- 1 32 oz. carton beef broth
- 1 T taco seasoning
- 1 packet Goya Sazon Con Azafran Seasoning
- 2 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 t. comino
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound lean ground beef cooked & drained
- Brown and drain the ground beef.
- Add beef, beans, tomatoes, corn, spices, & broth into a large crock pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat 3 to 6 hours.
- (If you're leaving this in while at work keep it on the warm setting for 8 hours.)
- Serve soup warm with shredded cheese, Fritos, sour cream & avocado.
Here are a few of our favorite toppings to serve with this (already delicious) goodness: avocado, sour cream, Fritos, chopped cilantro, and fresh jalapeños.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
[amazon_link asins=’B01NAHBW9H,B00RW5PYJI,B000VC9QTS,B000SRK8D4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’gullycreeksit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’066e79b8-2745-11e8-bdab-f3c7cacfa668′]
Stay tuned for another favorite GCC recipe coming this weekend!