Fixin’ to share the Best ever Gluten Free Carrot muffins recipe for the best muffins you’ll ever have. AND you won’t even know they’re gluten free! Just trust me and whip up a batch to have with your morning coffee. Or hot tea, if you’re like me!
Over a number of years I have been making these wonderful little muffins I once found in a mini Pillsbury recipe book. I make them often. Okay, a lot! They are simply my favorite muffin, and I love muffins. These are loaded with carrots, (the main ingredient, hence the title) but it also has apples, coconut, walnuts, and I replaced the raisins with dried blueberries. (I like raisins but these dried blueberries just seem to add the perfect touch to these.)
However, this time around I switched it up a bit. To gluten free! I’ve been experimenting with gluten free baking and cooking mainly since my daughter is currently gluten free and I was curious as to trying it out myself. I started researching other posts and articles on gf-people and tips on how they started out. As well as ingredient ratios, etc.
I happened upon a post on mixing your own “all purpose gluten free flour mix” vs buying it. It will save you money and since doing this method, I have been more successful with the outcome of most recipes using this mix versus the “already” mixed all purpose gluten free flour blend. This method will give you several cups of ready to use all purpose. It was posted here and I followed her steps to a “t”!
Since mixing it up and having it readily available, I have used it for gravy based recipes like my Cottage Pie (recipe to come), and for the “creamy” part of a potatoes au gratin dish as well as a homemade bread that I used in the Praline Bread Pudding for our Fall Brunch. Everything has turned out AMAZING!
I’ll be experimenting and trying out a whole lot more “gluten free” in my kitchen, so check back often!
Best ever Gluten Free Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour all-purpose mix see highlighted link in post
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup peeled grated carrots
- 1 small/medium grated apple
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease muffin pan, or line with paper liners lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the carrots, apple, coconut and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla and water. Add to the flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened.
- Add blueberries and stir them in.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups till nearly full.
- Bake for 25 or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and, after 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool.
- Wrap any leftovers airtight and store at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer.
- (Makes about 20 muffins)---you'll be glad about this cause I did you a favor and doubled the recipe!
Best Ever Gluten Free Carrot Muffins
So delicious- so moist and you’ll thank me later cause your whole family is gonna love these. (*And they won’t even know their gf!)