Still holed up and running out of meal options? Let’s get talking about this post then! We were in the same boat and craving Chinese the other night… luckily I had the makings for egg rolls and had some chicken breasts I had thawed out. Since I just happened to have an abundance or fresh oranges and fresh ginger in my freezer… I decided to make the best orange ginger chicken dish ever!
A great dish to serve over steamed rice!
What’s so delicious about this Orange Ginger Chicken dish? For one, the chicken is super-super tender. Then you have the tanginess from the orange sauce. You put it all together = YUM! We can’t downplay the ease of this recipe. Someone will think you took hours preparing it. I’m sure it will become a family favorite cause my Boo was so happy!
Don’t you just love when you cook something that makes the family happy? That’s this dish! If I can be honest, I can tell you I prefer this over the restaurant version. Simply because I can adjust the spices and I know what’s in it.
Egg rolls are also super easy to make and if you’ve never tried making them, you should. I now keep egg roll wraps in my fridge just cause I love making different varieties of them. But give this dish a try and please come back and let me know what you think!
Best Orange Ginger Chicken~
Start with zesting & squeezing some oranges and setting them aside!!!!
Orange Ginger Chicken
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- oil for frying
- Optional for garnishing: Orange slices & sesame seeds
Orange Ginger Sauce
- 1/8 cup orange juice fresh squeezed is best but can used canned
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 tbsp water ice cold
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- pinch salt
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the Orange Sauce. Whisk and combine well.
- In another bowl, whisk all the Batter ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Drop in the chicken, coat well, and set aside.
- Heat up a wok or non-stick skillet with oil and gently drop in the battered chicken cubes, one by one, making sure it is spread out to prevent sticking and over crowding.
- Deep-fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove using a strainer and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all oil except for 1 tablespoon in the wok or skillet.
- Add the garlic and stir fry until aromatic or light brown in color.
- Gently pour in the Orange Sauce mixture, stir, and bring it to a light simmer.
- Toss in the deep-fried chicken, stir to combine well.
- Dish and garnish with orange zest, top with white sesame & fresh chives.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Even though it’s time consuming, I share recipes on here because I love cooking and want others to learn to love it as much or more than I do. So comments and a simple hi helps in encouraging me to post more. While you’re sitting and reading this post or just copying the recipe, please leave a comment–I would love to hear from you!
Wok and roll and give this a try!
This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.