HELLO friends! This time of year can be fun and daunting. Especially if you’ve been racking your brain, when it comes to gift ideas. Am I right? To me, homemade is always my favorite way to go. Whether I’m on the giving or receiving end. With that said, I’ve got a favorite gift I’ve given to friends & neighbors over the years… and it’s always a HIT. It’s a homemade chocolatey dessert topping that is easy & great for gift giving! WIN-WIN! This homemade CHOCOLATE SAUCE is the creamiest & chocolate-est, topping ever.
Seriously, when I say it’s easy… who doesn’t like a homemade gift that will seriously take less than 30 minutes of your time to make?! It involves simple ingredients, doesn’t cost a lot, add a cute little tag & voila! The perfect gift for any serious chocolate lover!
Cocoa, sugar, vanilla, and a few other ingredients go into a pot and are melted into a smooth, dark concoction. It turns out smooth, super glossy, chocolatey and did I say smooth? Pour into jars and tie a cute tag and you’re done. I even designed a cute tag for you to print off and use.
chocolatey dessert topping
This recipe is easy to double or triple, (another great reason to make this for gifts)!
homemade chocolate sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 T. Corn syrup
- 1 T. Butter unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine the water, corn syrup, & butter together in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, salt & cinnamon until well combined.
- Gradually add this mixture to the pan and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir the vanilla till well blended.
- Serve warm or allow to cool before storing in jars.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To use: warm jar of sauce in microwave or bowl of hot water then drizzle on ice cream or brownies.
- For chocolate milk, just add to liking to cold milk.
- (This recipe makes 3 (1/2 pint jars.)
- *Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
A tip to consider when making this…
Be sure to blend the dry ingredients together really well before pouring into the saucepan. It will give you a much creamier texture. One without grainy lumps! Just whisk them together, (as shown in this picture above)!
You’ll have a beautiful little chocolatey sauce!
Click HERE for your free printable tags! Just print on cardstock. *I made two different tags & the one you will print is slightly different (and much cuter) version of the one pictured below.
Now, set some sauce aside and enjoy a hot fudge sundae for your efforts! No regrets. You’ve got one less gift idea to deal with and life is sweet!
Enjoy & happy week before Christmas~