Guys if you love spicy—-YOU ARE GONNA love this dish! (1) it’s easy, (2) so delicious & (3) so creamy! This easy buffalo chicken pasta happened by accident. A good accident!
By accident I mean that sometimes you just have to get creative – especially when you’re craving something spicy. GUYS, I’m not usually a fan of spicy. That’s my husbands department. However there are these chicken nuggets that I crave sometimes. They’re from this restaurant in Angleton, Texas. Smithart’s had these crispy chicken nuggets that were doused with a spicy sauce and they were sooooooo gooooood. When I want spicy, that’s what I usually crave. So sometime back when I was stilling shopping online through HEB (before their shipping rates went skyrocketing), I bought a jar of their spicy wing sauce. Just in case I got the cravings. While figuring out what to make for dinner one night, I grabbed that bottle and some chicken breasts and that’s how I came up with this recipe.
Another thing that was an accident… I didn’t get many photos of the finished dish. GUYS, it was that good. I couldn’t wait to eat it and we both just devoured it before I could take some nice shots. Serious! See, the Mr. really likes spicy and he craves it way more often than I ever do. When I do happen to make a spicy dish—he’s in heaven!
Here’s what I did… I started by dicing up the chicken into big chunks. I dropped them in a storage bag with the sauce. (You can use any kind of wing sauce if you can’t find the HEB brand I used. They also have different levels of “heat” so find the one that suits your tastebuds.) I let it sit and marinade in it for about 30 minutes. (You can do longer if you want!)
Followed by taking the chicken (only), and dropping it into a hot skillet laced with a bit of olive oil. I cooked it until done before adding the pasta and the remaining ingredients.
How stinkin’ easy is that??? Come on!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2/3 c. buffalo sauce
- Linguine pasta cooked & drained [3 c. cooked]
- 2/3 c. Heavy cream
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. Diced red onion
- 1 T. Butter
- 2 t. Chopped Basil
- Salt pepper garlic powder
- 1 T. Cornstarch
- 1/ 2 c. Mozzarella cheese
- Dry Parsley
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Dice into cubes and place in a freezer bag with the buffalo sauce.
- Allow to sit on counter for about 20 minutes to an hour.
- Drain all of the sauce out of the chicken bag.
- In a large pan drizzled with a bit of olive oil, set on medium heat and allow to heat up.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
- Stir till combined and cook until done. Set aside til needed.
- In another large pan, sauté the onion in the butter until tender.
- Once clear and tender, reduce heat to low/medium.
- Quickly mix in the cornstarch and stir, adding in the heavy cream and yogurt.
- Continue stirring and add spices (salt, pepper, basil) to your liking.
- Simmer sauce until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the chicken and stir. Now add the cooked pasta and combine until well mixed.
- Gently mix in the mozzarella and stir until well combined and melted.
- Serve in a large bowl sprinkled with parmesan and a sprinkle of parsley.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This chicken pasta dish is so easy and it’s a perfect quick meal with lots of flavor and packed with creaminess! A bowl of comfort and spice- who doesn’t love that? Look at that color and richness! You will love the kick of spiciness!
Now back to putting finishing touches on the holiday decor around the house. We’re gearing for a busy weekend, a busy week and some cold weather. Might just have to make another batch of this for dinner on one of those cold nights, cause it’s sure to warm us up again and I do have 1/2 a bottle of the stuff! (HEB I wish I could still shop with you even tho I live 1000 miles away! There’s so many items I can only get from you that my Texas tummy desires and misses ?!!! BUT THE SHIPPING!!!)
Stay tuned for some more fun coming up on the next post! As always —THANK YOU for following along~?
Leave a Reply