One of my favorite meals is a good chicken pot pie, especially on a cold winter day. I also like when a meal is easy to prepare and you can make it into individual servings, making it easy to serve, sweet presentation, and freeze easily if you happen to have leftovers. These easy classic chicken pot pies [mini servings] have your traditional filling with but better! You can even use the “Cream of Anything Soup Mix” if you haven’t tried it yet. This is perfect for these!
These little pies are so good y’all! But don’t take my word for it.
When you fix ‘em up, your family is going to think you spent a whole lot more time preparing them. You can even make them, freeze them, and pull them out as you need them.
The great thing about these too is that kids will love them. Our grandson is at the age where he’s starting to be pretty particular about foods and this was a hit with him as well. FUN SUGGESTION: you could maybe even use little silicone cups to make some smaller versions for the littles. As a kid, I wasn’t really a picky eater but there were so many foods we never really had. When I got older and started experimenting with a variety of foods I found that I was really partial to vegetables more than meats. I know this isn’t the norm for most kids but I attribute that to never really having eaten too many of them as a kid. I love vegetables! So when my kids were little I used to blend a lot of the veggies in with meatloaf, meatballs, and things like that. They wouldn’t really know they were in there but they got their daily vegetable intake in most meals!
I found these awesome quiche tart pans and I love using them for individual servings like quiche, pies, and tarts. They worked perfectly for these and while they make a generous serving portion, they are easy to use as the contents just slide out and they’re a breeze to clean.
Notice the creaminess oozing here in the picture? These little pies have a creamy middle filled with tender chicken and veggies with a hint of cheese on a flaky, buttery crust. YUM!!!
Easy Classic Chicken Pot Pies [mini servings]
- 1 cooked chicken breast diced
- 1 T. Butter
- 1/4 c. Chopped celery
- 1/4 c. Chopped onion
- 1 c. Frozen peas, carrots, cornveggie mix
- 1/3 c. Soup mix + 1 c. Milk
- 1/4 c. Shredded cheese your choice
- Pillsbury Grand biscuits 8 count
- Melt butter on medium heat on a large skillet and sauté the onion & celery til clear.
- Combine the diced chicken in with the sautéed veggies.
- Lower heat to med/low and add the soup mix while stirring.
- Slowly add the milk and continue stirring until thickened.
- For the crust:
- Between two sheets of Saran Wrap, roll out one biscuit at a time until flattened and rolled out to about 6” around.
- Use one to line the bottom of the tart/quiche pans.
- Use one biscuit crust to line the bottom of the tart/quiche pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture into the individual pans and sprinkle with a little cheese then place second biscuit as the top.
- Poke holes (using a fork) in the tops for steam release.
- Place on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- Bake in 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until crust is evenly browned and baked all the way.
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. [amazon_link asins=’B01HWME8GK’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’gullycreeksit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fcb1a74d-03f2-11e8-990e-9bf60b69bc61′]
Leave a Reply