I’m taking a quick break to share some Halloween yum. Well, more like Halloween crack a crunchy treat that you won’t want to share! It happened to me…lol. I was making it for our guests and neither me or the Mr. could stop eating it before we boxed it up for them. I knew I had to share the recipe. Total crack!!!
Pretty sure you’ve had these or some version of it. If not I can’t help but think you’ve been living in a cave without wifi, or an oven, or gatherings where someone would likely bring this to share. It’s addictive, it’s delicious, and you can’t have just one piece.
It’s also super easy to whip up for a special treat as I did here. I like to make a treat for our B&B guests when time allows. This kinda treat is great to make on cool – crisp days cause it turns out so much better. Our guests were going to arrive after traveling and will have a super busy weekend. I decided on this because it would be just the perfect treat and would stay nice and crisp for them to enjoy at their convenience!
You start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment and then lining up the crackers so they’re ready for the hot-sweet, melted sugar butter mixture.
Followed by a sprinkling of chopped pecans…mmm! Then they’re ready for a short visit to the oven to get them crispy and hard.
Now you smear the chocolate chips on top after they have had a minute or two to get soft and spreadable. You don’t have to be precise- mine just kinds look smudged around, here and there. It’s the taste we’re really going after. And just wait!
Crunchy, buttery, chocolatey, nutty, and oh so delicious! You will seriously be addicted! (Hence, the Halloween crack!)
I packaged them up in a clear re-sealable cellophane baggie, put them in a cute decorative gabled box.
Added a simple little tag with twine & voila!
Halloween Crack a crunchy treat
- 1/2 box Club Crackers
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment and place crackers flat with salt side up.
- Melt butter in microwave then pour into a medium saucepan.
- On medium heat, add sugar and stir constantly until mixture comes to a quick boil.
- Remove mixture from stove and immediately pour over crackers.
- Make sure the crackers are covered with the mixture and sprinkle pecans all over.
- Bake for 15 minutes, watch carefully towards the end.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle chocolate chips all over top.
- Let sit for a minute to allow chocolate chips to melt.
- Use a spatula and gently spread chocolate all over top.
- Place in fridge till completely cooled.
- Peel off of cookie sheet and break into pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
I sure hope you try these, just don’t blame me for the addiction!
Stay tuned for my next post for a LOVELY and awesomely decorative DIY, you’re sure to love ❤︎
Other sweet treat you might want to try: