As promised, a continuation of my previous granola post with this healthy homemade granola (part 2) that you will also
love L O V E! It’s super easy to make and awesome to have readily available to top your favorite yogurt with, sprinkle in your salads or just munch on throughout the day.
This one has so much CRUNCH in it!!! Loaded with protein, large chunks of toasted coconut chips, pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds), quinoa, and chia seeds. I know, drool, right? It’s amazing and making homemade granola is just the easiest thing on the planet.
We have a couple of Amish communities nearby and the store in Jamesport carries bulk products. I get to stock up on oats, seeds, quinoa & chia at really great prices y’all, so much cheaper than in grocery stores. Let me share this deliciousness with you!
Healthy Homemade Granola (Part 2)
A bit of a background on the creation of this combo granola. You know quinoa and chia are all the rage and for good reasons. They are super foods and are full of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants. Why not combine them in granola form and get a jumpstart to your mornings? That’s exactly what I did and the combination is amazing and I feel I can tackle anything afterwards. Well, except the pile of dishes in the sink!?
The added cinnamon, coconut oil and syrup just gives it a light amount of sweetness and helps with the baking part as well as holding the mixture together. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
Coconut Quinoa Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats please don't use instant, it won't work the same
- 3/4 c dry quinoa
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1/2 c pepitas pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c toasted coconut chips
- 2 t cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 T maple syrup or agave
- 3 T coconut oil room temp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast coconut chips lightly in a pan sprayed with Pam (watch and stir til lightly browned).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the coconut chips when cooled off a bit.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup and coconut oil and blend together.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients, stir and finish by working it with your hands so that all pieces are coated.
- Pour onto baking sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir, bake for another 15 minutes, stir, and bake a final 15 minutes.
- Watch closely so as not to overcook, overgrown, or burn.
- It should have a nice golden color to it.Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in glass jar.
Hope you have a blessed weekend and thank you for reading and following along!
Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links.
[amazon_link asins=’B00XJG9W6K,B00P5WYB1M,B00OZYNGUS,B00PR88GKG,B00TUGZHAS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’gullycreeksit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e50f2ee2-3ecf-11e8-927c-9507012cea30′]