Are you in crazy holiday mode? Planning the Thanksgiving menu all the while thinking Christmas decor and gift giving? Gift giving is daunting at times but don’t underestimate the allure of a homemade/handmade gift. They’re my favorite to give and receive. There’s nothing more beautiful than to receive a gift that has been made with love just for you. When you’re the one taking the time to do it, it’s just as rewarding. That’s the case for me anyway. This lemony homemade gift idea is perfect for a hostess gift if you’ve been invited to someone’s home for the holidays–be it Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Let’s get started. Cause this post includes a recipe and a printable custom gift tag that will have the recipient grinning from ear to ear! You might even sneak a few jars for yourself–cause it’s lemony stinkin’ good!
You will need lemons, lots of ’em. (Well it really depends on how much you want to make, but your kitchen will smell amazing!)
Some cute twine, card-stock, mason jars, and some ingredients for the most delicious, homemade lemon curd!
Begin with buying your lemons, washing them and drying them completely before following recipe steps below.
The most delicious homemade lemon curd
To Die For Lemon Curd
- 6 lemons
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter room temp
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup lemon juice 3 to 4 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Using a zester or peeler, remove the zest of lemons, carefully avoiding the pith.
- Place your zest in a food processor and add the sugar.
- Pulse until the zest is finely minced into the sugar.
- Cream the butter and beat in the sugar and lemon mixture.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then add the lemon juice and salt.
- Mix until combined.
- Pour into a large saucepan and cook over low heat til thickened (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly.
- The lemon curd will thicken at about 170 degrees or just below simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour into your sterilized mason jars.
- Allow to cool before sealing and storing in fridge or freezer.
Yes, your kitchen will smell amazing but you’re gonna get addicted to the smooth, lemony, buttery, sweet taste of this curd. It’s easy to get carried away and just sit there eating a whole jar of this stuff. It’s so – so good!
I had a little helper in the kitchen the day I made a batch of this. He helped with the squeezing and didn’t understand what we were doing (he’s 2 1/2). So the next day when he came back, I opened a jar to make mini lemon meringue pies for our Sunday dinner.
To say he fell in love with the taste is an understatement. Get ready for some turd-cuteness! I tried correcting him but it was pointless and adorable!
Now that you have your batch of lemon
TCURD…get ready to print up your tags for easy gift giving. Comes complete with serving suggestions & storing!
PRINT your tags HERE!
Happy gift giving and whoever gets this—will love it & YOU!
May your Thanksgiving be beautiful and your blessings bountiful~