Chocolate. What do you make for a group of coworkers that all love chocolate, and it’s snack day?
One of my sister in law’s favorite dessert to make many years ago was an earthquake cake. Ever had it? It’s quite easy to make and was always a huge hit when she or I made it for large gatherings. Came home after work, wanted to make something everyone would enjoy but easy enough to whip out in no time. I thought of earthquake cake when I saw the pantry shelf had boxed cake mixes & mini mallows.
Two bowls later that contained cake batter in one and brownie batter in the other, a warm oven and mini tin in hand–away we went…to make mini earthquake bites!
Needed for choco induced coma~
- 1 box choco fudge cake mix (+ ingredients per box)
- 1 box brownie mix (+ ingredients per box)
- mini marshmallows
- heath toffee bits
- Prepare chocolate fudge cake mix batter as per instructions on box & set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter as per box instructions & set aside.
- Grease mini muffin tin & fill each 1/2 full with cake batter, push a mini marshmallow into each center and top with a dollop of brownie mix.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top , bake in 350 º for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes before removing to cooling rack. (Makes about 70 mini bites)
A chewy center with a crunchy top & edges.
mini earthquake bites
A whole lot of chocolate!