As promised, I’m sharing some overnight bread pudding goodness with y’all! To make it even better, cause bread pudding by itself is pretty “top of the line” but when you add some blueberries…you’ve got heaven and the stairway!
I’ve shared with y’all, of when I lived in the Houston area many moons ago, for the span of 28 years I collected some of my all time favorite recipes from the Houston Chronicle food section. This is one of them.
- They call it French toast, I call it bread pudding!
- This is the halved version from the original recipe because unless you’re having a crowd for breakfast or brunch, it makes a lot. You can easily double it for a 13×9 pan full.
- I’ve only made this recipe using fresh blueberries, so I can’t attest to how it turns out with frozen blueberries.
- You can either serve with the sauce included in the recipe or if you’re running short on time, regular syrup tastes just as great!
- It’s delicious enough to serve as a dessert. I’ve prepped this first thing in the morning and allow to sit in fridge for 4-6 hours and then pop in oven. YUMMY whether overnight or day of!!!
Start with day old French bread and use half of it and freeze the other half for another time. The recipe is pretty simple and delicious. An overnighter, meaning that you prepare a day in advance, store in fridge until morning time and pop in the oven.
When it comes out of the oven, you will love how pretty it looks but I promise you will have to hold back on trying a bite cause this is sinful!
Overnight bread pudding goodness
It’s authentic food porn at it’s best. Splurge and indulge in this savory, creamy, fruity mouthful of yum, I won’t steer you wrong.
This stuffed blueberry bread pudding is AWE-mazing!!!!