The GCC kitchen has seen a lot of breakfast items cooked/baked in it this week! Beginning with a Farmer’s Market themed breakfast for work & family cooking. We’ll have more on that later this month, but back to today’s post. What gets your family started for a great day? If you’re like us, or most people I know, it’s a good breakfast! Today’s recipe is for some prosciutto pear scones.
A fave breakfast item of mine, are scones but how about prosciutto pear scones? If you’ve never made them, for the love—do not be intimidated by makin’ ’em! They are super easy. My own personal advice to you on scone making~
- have all your ingredients ready to go—all the prep work done & READY!
- have COLD butter on hand (don’t remove from fridge til you’re ready for it!
- use your hands & get dirty
- don’t over-handle the dough
- enjoy & have fun!
I made a salty/sweet scone version with pears, Parmesan, chives & prosciutto to give a “swift kick in the pants start”!
Our little pooch LOVES hanging out in the kitchen-just in case something happens to wind up on the floor or we feel sorry for her! How adorable is she?
PROSCIUTTO PEAR SCONES
Prosciutto Pear Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup cooked prosciutto
- 1/4 cup fine diced pear
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Sift your flour, baking powder, salt & pepper into a large bowl.
- Using your finger tips work the butter into the flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently combine the chives, prosciutto, Parmesan and pears until well blended.
- Make a well in the center and gently mix in the milk. You want a sticky dough mess 🙂
- On a floured surface, pat down the dough and cut into triangles.
- (The dough will be sticky, but you should still be able to form and handle.)
- *Add more flour if need be.
- Place on parchment lined sheet, glaze with a bit of buttermilk & place in the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 or 15-20 for larger scones.
prosciutto pear scones
Give these a try, and you can serve by themselves or with scrambled eggs and a vege side. They’re like a biscuit but BETTER!
*FOR A LITTLE FUN –leave a comment and get a 50% off coupon to get my favorite parchment paper (BOOLIK) through Amazon!! I will message you the code for purchasing!
Happy weekend friends~
Thank you Ishan!
Ishan can you send me an email for you? I’d like to send you the 50% for my favorite parchment paper. Saw your site & know you like to bake- you’ll love it!
What a creative combination! These scones sound great!
Hi Sabrina and sorry for the oversight in responding. This combination is pretty amazing! Who doesn’t love pears or prosciutto? lol
Thank you so much for stopping by and come back soon!