By now you should be indulging in everything pumpkin! If you aren’t, it’s not too late to treat yourself to this delectable Pumpkin Mousse! There’s no better way to celebrate this beautiful season than to make this SUPER-EASY & FABULOUS pumpkin dessert and trust me when I say you’ll be licking everything this touches.
I promised you a quick and delicious recipe on this next post and HERE IT IS!
Best thing other than how easy it is, you can fancy-it up and peeps will think it took you all day to prepare it. Or you can just layer it in a trifle bowl and you can still impress. Another bonus… it’s gluten free!
I’ve made a different version of pumpkin yum in a jar for many years that ask for ginger snaps (for extra Fall in your mouth), but experimenting with gluten free cooking led me to try this new favorite as a gf option. To tell you the truth—it’s fabulous and no one will be the wiser! Heck, you’ll want to just eat the mousse right out of the bowl—without the crumbs or the cool whip topping. Go for it! But all the way is pretty fab!
My daughter was hosting a meeting and asked if I would help with a dessert and the craft for the ladies. (Here’s a peek at the craft!)
Naturally you want to have something super easy to serve while everyone has enough time to paint, put their craft together, and to visit. This dessert in a jar was my first go-to and with some minor modifications, (really mainly the graham cracker crumbs which my daughter found at the local store). Or you can order here, the yum-in-a-jar is quite a breeze.
It makes it so much easier to fill in the jars if you pour the mousse in a plastic bag, cut the tip-off and just swirl in each jar, (looks prettier and neater too)!
I also doubled my recipe to make enough for the club crowd but one batch is perfect for the trifle bowl presentation. It also will give you about six half pint jars, which is the perfect size for individual servings. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- ½ t. vanilla bean paste
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping
- ½ t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 2 t. sugar
- 2 T. butter melted
- Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until thoroughly combined, then add the vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract if you don’t have paste).
- Gently fold in 2½ cups of whipped topping into the pumpkin mixture and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, stir together graham cracker crumbs with sugar and then add the melted butter until it resembles a coarse crumbly mess.
- Layer pumpkin mousse and graham cracker crumbs and top with remaining whipped topping.
- Add a dash of pumpkin spice when ready to serve up.
- (*If serving in mason jars: sprinkle a few crumbs in the bottom of the jar. Next, fill a sandwich baggie with the mousse. Cut a small portion of a corner to fill each jar by squeezing and swirling). This method is a whole lot easier and neater than trying to spoon into the jar!
- Top with more crumbs and when ready to serve, add a dollop of whip cream and sprinkle with pie spice.
Get ready for a pumpkin coma!
Leave a Reply