Thanks to “Our Best Bites”, I happened upon the recipe for her delicious and mouth watering quick pizza rolls. I made these for dinner Saturday night—and they were wonderful! Let me just add that I am not a pizza fan-never have been. I KNOW- I KNOW! You think me weird but move on and don’t stop following me just because I shared that! We all have out quirks. But I’m helping you out here…these are going to be a huge hit with the familia! I mean, even the kids can do all the work. They are that easy. But most of all they are so tasty. (That’s coming from a non-pizza-lover!)
If I’m going to have pizza- it will have to be from Home Slice in Austin, TX. I LOVE their pizza!
But when you’ve run out of ideas and don’t have much time to prep a regular dinner, this is the meal for you.
They’re super easy – and so tasty! (I guess what I ♥ the most is that there is no sauce-you just dip them in it), so you can control how much or how little of it you want. (That’s my main reason for not being a pizza fan. The insane amount of pizza sauce, most places put on their pizzas.) Anywho, back to this…
You can choose your fillings & seasonings which also makes it on the top of my “quick & easy” meal planning!
quick pizza rolls
- 1 can pillsbury pizza crust (or make your own)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- and any additional toppings you would like to add (I added fresh spinach) or you can do mushrooms, fresh basil, etc.
*No amounts listed cause you can honestly stuff them as much or as little as you wish!
2) Roll out dough and cut into 12 squares. (I used a pizza cutter for even cuts)
3) Add your toppings to each square
4) Ball up and tuck seams to face bottom of (sprayed) 8×8 pan. Sprinkle lightly with olive oil, parmesan, oregano and garlic powder.
5) Bake in 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on them while baking, so they don’t burn or dry out.
This will depend on your oven and altitude—so watch them!
Serve with dipping spaghetti sauce and a side salad.
The hubby loved them- especially since we don’t have pizza as often as he’d like too. Super easy and this is a whole family meal that everyone will enjoy~