I have a rotisserie chicken amor because of the endless possiblities! I love that they are so readily available at most grocery stores nowadays. Unless you’re a rock star and have your very own rotisserie at home–then I bow down to ya!
But little ‘ol me just high tails it to the local grocer when I’m in a bind or too lazy to cook an entire meal from scratch. There are so many options on what you can do with this stinkin’ little bird!!! No joke!
I’ve done my favorite chicken tortilla soup, pasta dishes, salads, the list goes on and on. The best thing is to just get creative and use the ingredients you and your family like. But my recommendation…kick it into high gear and think out of the box when cooking. You’ll be surprised what you can come up with and what you’ve been missing out on.
You just go pick you out the best lookin’ chick and then start cooking!
One of my favorite recent creations and my christened name for ’em… “chalupas tropicanas“!
Why??? Well they’re loaded with all the wonderful summer fruits out there and aside from being pleasin’ to the eye as well as the tummy, they’re pretty darn fab, refreshing and dang easy! Now why wouldn’t you want to try that?
Pardon me for makin’ your life a little easier and helping you “wow” your peeps! 😉
Check out these rotisserie tips and the steps for this fantabulous, refreshing easy summer meal.
- you can buy your bird, shred it, bag it, label it and freeze it for quick future meals (especially great if they’re on sale)
- if you find your bird’s a little dried out, place it in a covered dish and douse it with a little chicken broth, heat slightly and the juices are absorbed into the little birdie meat
- you can also add your favorite spices and additional broth before chillin’ the chick
CHALUPAS TROPICANAS with Salsa Verano
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- corn tortillas (fried or baked crisp) or store bought (yuck) if you’re really desperate
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 5-7 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 1-2 T. hemp (or olive oil)
- 1/2 t. chili powder
Dice up all the goodies and toss with oil and chili powder. Chill until ready to use.
When your tortillas are ready—just sprinkle some of the chicken on top and load up with the fresh salsa. A nice addition to this would be a side of cilantro lime basmati!
Another quick use– any awesome salad creation like this…
No excuses cuz you didn’t even have to turn the oven on!
Enjoy the abundance of summer (verano) fruits and those glorious little slow cooked birds, they’ll definitely make your summer meal planning a whole lot easier~
family summer meals, rotisserie chicken, summer fruit salsa