The 4th of our crock pot cooking series is…deliciously Spicy Chicken Spaghetti! With a bit of a twist to your traditional chicken spaghetti, this one’s loaded with flavor! And while most recipes out there ask for Velveeta for a chicken spaghetti recipe…I beg you to not ruin this recipe with the likes. I’m not a yellow cheese lover and if I am going to eat something that does has yellow cheese it better be good. So please skip any temptation to using artificial and super, over processed cheese like Velveeta. This dish will be so much better!
On the “grocery list” under the Chicken Spaghetti category, you’ll find most ingredients needed in this recipe with the exception of the sliced mushrooms which are optional and the red bell pepper. I know there’s a lot of people out there that don’t like bell pepper but if you want the full flavor of the “spicy” version, you need to try this out. I also put 2 can of mushroom soup on the list but it’s not needed unless you decide you want a super creamy style -cheesy, dish!
Some simple food prepping and helpful tips that will make this dish super easy!
Cook your spaghetti and chicken ahead of time unless you’ve got a rotisserie chicken.
Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin & garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts or 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup I use my substitute cream soup base
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 4 oz. can green chiles
- 3/4-1 lb. cooked spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Optional: but do at least add the olives!
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- Chicken stock
- Place all ingredients except 1 ½ c. cheese (to add later)! Stir and mix the ingredients, being sure to coat pasta. (At this point, you may add black olives & sliced mushrooms if you’d like.) If you want more of a creamier sauce you can add a bit of chicken stock.
- Cook on low 4-8 hours. 30 minutes to an hour before serving – add the remaining cheese.
- Serve when cheese is completely melted.
What you’ll love about this spicy chicken spaghetti other than it will knock your socks off, it’s another delicious crock pot dish – that explains itself. You won’t have to do much but throw everything together and you’ll have a hot meal when you walk in the door! Serve with a side salad and French bread, a little Dean Martin tune and candles! Voila!
Another recipe for the “All it’s crocked up to be” series to add to your “favorites” recipe section! Stay tuned for our final recipe in our next post~
Leave a Reply