I AM SO EXCITED about this post! Not just cause there’s a free printable and the how-to’s for an awesome skin scrub BUT because I ♥ LOVE ♥ taking care of my skin and I get to share that with you! A little summer skin care to the rescue.
Summer is harsh on our skin!!! Known fact. The heat combined with the chlorination in pools, the beach, outdoors, all cause some harsh side effects and creates horrid dry skin. First, some pointers on keeping that skin supple and healthy!
What to do for your skin-io Yo’s~
- HYDRATE! (drink lots & lots of WATER! I don’t mean soft drinks!) Pure old water! Water is the best stuff for our skin.
- CLEANSE! Don’t use harsh soaps, those that suck the life outta your pores. Ivory soap is my recommendation for an all around great cleansing! I’ve used it all my life.
- EXFOLIATE! Using a scrub or other exfoliant once a week will help keep your skin soft and young looking. Get rid of that dry flaky skin! Your skin will have a beautiful glow to it!
- MOISTURIZE! Apply a moisturizer each night before turning in AND if you work outdoors, for cryin’ out loud—-apply a moisturizer with SPF for additional protection!
Now you’re armed with some helpful tips on getting and keeping great skin!
DO YOU LIKE
GOOD! Cause the freebie for today uses these 2! They’re not just for margaritas, pies or piña coladas guys!
Combine the lime & coconut, and you’ve got a great skin scrub that will hydrate, exfoliate & moisturize! And does anything scream out summer more than lime & coconut? Try this super easy scrub that you can whip up in no time. Your skin will thank you later.
COCONUT LIME sea salt SCRUB
- 1 1/2 T. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 t. lime oil
- 1/4 c. (melted) coconut oil
- 1 1/3 c. sea salt
- 1 t. lime zest
- 1 T. finely chopped coconut chips (optional)
Combine your lime juice & oil with your melted coconut oil in a small measuring cup. In a medium sized bowl, combine your zest with the sea salt until well blended. Add your oil mixture to the sea salt and stir well. *If you’re adding the coconut chips-add now. Fill small glass jars (if gifting) or in a larger jar with tight seal. Keep refrigerated.
Print on card-stock, cut & tie!
This scrub smells amazingly TROPICAL-ISH – Yuml! PLUS your skin will feel amazingly soft and smooth.
Now go GLOW~